Thursday, September 6, 2012

It is The End OF THE WORLD

And I feel fine. I am weary of the old world and and old me. I have been a phony for the last 40 years in an effort to please other people and it has gotten me nowhere and nothing except frustrated and slightly pissed off all the time. 

As a child I wanted to be a Bohemian Artist. This is a 1960's thing. They looked like they had a blast, painting, smoking, dancing, screwing, and of course drinking. I did not want to be a housewife or have children. I wanted to paint but the arts programs kept getting cut in the state of California as they are in many states. Arts are not deemed relevant to our society. I never had an art or music class in my elementary or Jr High education. So, being an artist, I was lost.  I took up running track, and started fantasizing most of the day. Mostly about how great my life would be after my parents were killed in an explosive car crash. Oh, and my sadistic sister would be trapped under the wheels of the burning car for a protracted and painful, flesh burning death. But I digress. 

I am 50 years on this planet and getting into my artistic self. I highly recommend it for sanity and healing. My intention for this blog, if I can figure out how to use the "new and improved" Blogger, is to connect with like-minded people who want to change, grow and laugh, or who just become obsessed with my every thought.  It is really no fun to write for oneself but I will if I have to. 

My vision for myself is to transform into the person I would have become had I been allowed to just BE MYSELF.  I came into the world creative and wild, bright, full of enthusiasm. I was inquisitive, inventive, dreaming, taking rides on my magic carpet to Africa and India. I was strong, athletic, curious, caring, seductive and dark. My Barbie and Ken dolls beat each other up to the point of hospitalization, then had make up sex.  I was what my family nor society at large wanted me to be. Girls were raised to be servants, sweet and nice, giving without ceasing or complaining. They were not supposed to be like me. They certainly would have had better grammatical skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment